Our parents are the most important people in our lives – they’re the reason we even exist, but sometimes they can be a right pain!
If you have overprotective parents (like most of us), you will know how hard it can be, especially when you are venturing out into the big bad world. From constant nagging to endless questions about where you are and what you’re doing – and God help you if you are one minute late for the time you’re supposed to be home.
Despite all this, we love our parents, we know they are protective out of love and that is what is important.
Here are the moments you know too well if you have protective parents!
1. “Mum, can I go meet my friends?” “Who are they? What are their numbers/addresses? What do their parents do for a living? Have they had the flu jab?”
2. If, by accident, you had a delay to your journey home and therefore missed your curfew.
3. And when this happens you just know you’re in big trouble!
4. When somehow they seem to know everything you got up to that day and you begin to suspect they run a spy network.
5. When they remind you of how much freedom they give you and how lenient they are compared to Aunty so and so…
Do you have any of your own stories? Let us know!