Going to university is probably one of the most exciting moments in our lives. The thought of getting a bit more freedom, learning things you actually want to learn and making new friends and experiencing new things, this is what university is all about.
But sometimes, for us Muslims, things can get a bit awkward, especially when it comes to some of the more “conventional” student activities. Here are some of the most hilarious but awksome moments you might experience when you’re a Muslim Fresher.
1. When someone asks if you drink.
You say no I don’t, because I’m Muslim. And they reply with ‘so’? #FacePalm
2. When all people talk about is who did what last night…
And you just smile and nod. Should you tell them about your ‘Salat’?
3. When someone feels like they have to talk to you about Islam because you wear a hijab.
Like, come on, I can talk about other stuff too!
4. When someone introduces themselves to you…
For the fifth time in one evening. Like, nice to meet you, again!
5. When you got a fleeky new hijab for your first lecture…
But don’t have a matching outfit.
6. When someone asks you what you’ve come dressed as.
7. When someone traps you in a corner for a deep chat about the meaning of life.
8. When someone offers you a Jägerbomb
9. Hijab headache or hijab itch…
In the middle of a lecture – the worst!
10. When you start saying duaa because you haven’t studied…
and people think you’re doing voodoo.
Had any of your own awkward moments at university? Let us know the funniest ones!