Sometimes, you just don’t want to play ball. And for that reason, you need a bunch of excuses.
Whether it’s a friend’s party, a family ‘do’ or simply getting out of bed and going to work, today is not the day. You’d rather entertain yourself in other ways. Even if that means simply staying under the duvet, munching on leftover pizza and catching up on your favourite TV shows.
Forbes published an article about the worst excuses people make up for not going to work. They range from, ‘Sorry, I can’t come in because I just put a casserole in the oven’, to, ‘I woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it’, to even ‘I’m sorry but I accidently got on a plane’.
You can probably see their bosses rolling their eyes from space.
But, as Muslims, what are the best excuses we can come up to not do something we’re meant to? As Muslims, we have a great set of lines that only we can use. Here are just a few: let us know which ones you’ve used and whether they worked out or not!
- “Oh sorry I can’t do that right now…it’s prayer time” (when you secretly don’t want to do it).
2. “Oh sorry that place is not halal, we can’t go there” (when secretly you just don’t want to eat there).
3. “Oh sorry I can’t work that day, it’s Eid. Yeah Eid is 3 days long!” (when you just want a mini holiday).
4. “Sorry I can’t take part in gym class, I’m fasting!” (when its not even Ramadan!)
5. “Sorry I can’t date you I’m Muslim” (when the creepy guy tries to ask you out).
6. “Sorry I’m washing my hijab that evening.” (when you just can’t be bothered).
7. “Sorry I was praying all night” (when your teacher tells you off for not doing your homework).